Sunday, March 22, 2009

Love is Kind

Kindness: Taking the initiative to be considerate and helpful. Sympathetic, friendly, gentle, benevolent (to do good), generous, cordial.




I know that most of us when we were dating our spouses it was easy to be kind to them. (We constantly reflected on their good qualities and the blessings they brought to our lives).






( My husband is a champion in my eyes!!! He is the most amazing man in the whole wide world and I'm the luckiest woman ever...b/c he's mine!!!)


When relationships are in the early stages (which I mean by at least the dating stages and usually the first 2 years of marriage) we are considerate, friendly, gently and even cordial to our husband or wife. But as the years pass in our marriage we begin to take our spouse for granted...that they will always be there. Although one thing I have learned in my almost 5 years of marriage, we cannot take our spouses for granted and just treat them any way our feelings throw our emotions into the wind. Otherwise we are throwing our marriage into the wind allowing it to be blown any directions that we can't control. Although we can control our attitudes and our actions, therefore we can control whether or not we choose to treat our spouse kindly on a daily basis.
Our feelings and emotions will rise and fall but we have a choice whether they are going to control us, or are we going to choose to control them.

So, I put this challenge out there....are we going to strive together to better ourselves and better our marriage by controlling our actions and choose today to be kind to our spouse this week? I'm taking up this challenge and choosing to be kind to the gift God has given me. (When we reflect on our spouses as gifts and the blessings they bring to our lives it is so much easier to treat them with kindness).
I know many of you will be blessed this week in taking up this challenge and seeing the growth of love in your marriage. Take heart true warriors who are
fighting for your marriages you will be blessed, GUARENTEED

(I'm already celebrating with you in your victories) ;}

No comments:

Post a Comment