Monday, May 4, 2009

Love is not easily Angered

Love is not irritable... 2 Corinthians 12:9 "God's grace is sufficient for me, for His power is made perfect in my weakness."

I cannot love my spouse on my own & not have an urge at times to be irritable. There are days I just want to flop on the ground, & throw a fit to get my own way...but that does no good now does it?! (for all of you parents of young toddlers out there) =}
I am not perfect, but Jesus is & He lives inside me. Only by God's grace & strength can I love Tommy whole heatedly. I must ask for God's strength each & every day b/c in my natural selfish human nature I am irritable @ times & I can get easily angered. Only by God's grace & His strength can I make it through those days that I may not feel like being respectful & loving towards Tommy. It's a choice to set aside my feelings and ask God to live out His love and compassion for Tommy on those not so glorious feeling days. When I want to be selfish & childish...(which gets me no where)!!!
I ask you Lord to give me your patients & strength to live this day in Your love & compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment