Sunday, January 3, 2016

Detox 2016

It's been 3 days on my detox, and since I have an exclusively nursing 3 month old I can't add a lot of detoxing products in my body because I don't want to dump a lot of toxins in my milk. So, I have been eating raw (or more so I have been drinking green smoothies and chocolate based protein, peanut butter smoothies, along with juicing) and eating chia seeds, in almond milk, with pecans and bananas. And then in the evenings I've been eating plant based cooked foods. The cooked food helps slow detoxing down and you can eliminate the toxin it through staying hydrated.
The easiest way I have found doing a detox is to take 1 meal and 1 snack at a time. Try to get all the nutrients into your body that you can. (I had a few products left over from my last detox and I have been using the psyllium husk (which is a natural fiber) to help clean up the digestive system.
So far my detox is going pretty good, I'm starting to feeling lighter and I went running the first day for about 11 minutes and I walked yesterday for about 11 minutes. When my husband get home from work I might see if he would like to go for a run again.
To a happier, healthier you!

2 comments:

  1. Your struggle highlights the need for detox centers that use methods focused on the whole person, not just the nature of the addiction. You've mentioned children, exercise, staying hydrated, and supplementation. It seems that if simple things like these were incorporated into more programs, a greater number of detox success stories would emerge.

    Jeffery @ NewDawnTreatmentCenters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeffery, I totally agree with you. Looking at people in a whole and holistic way would help them heal tremendously. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete