Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year Is Here, Time To Refresh, Renew, Get Back On Track


It's that time of year for New Year's planning, goal setting, and new year's resolutions. Have you ever had a personal new you, new year planning time set aside?

 It's been my goal I have been trying to implement into place the past 2 years, Not the easiest to do with 4 little ones and the youngest being only 3 months old to find some quiet time cut out of the day to sit down and just think through my goals and desires for this coming year. But I really want to try to get better organized and be more productive in 2016.

This next year is a mile marker for me. It is my last year in my 30's, or, I like to say "I'm 21 with soon to be 18 years of experience". So with only 1 more year in my 30's I'm wanting to make some major lifestyle changes. I'm wanting to run my first half marathon. I use to run before children and even trained for a full marathon back in 2003. I even got up to a 20 mile long run and then 3 weeks before the marathon I got into a car accident and I was not able to run the marathon that year. So, I figured to start off training this year for a half marathon then maybe for my 40th birthday present to myself I want to run a full marathon.

This year I also want to try to go fully raw plant based and see how I feel and look in a year. It's a lifestyle change I want to try for myself but also to be a support to my parents who are also trying to heal themselves nutritionally. I'm excited to see what this year holds. My goal for this lifestyle change is to blog once a week if not everyday as a journal on this journey, and take periodically selfies and post for anyone who might be interested in the transformation.
I want to blog about my journey so I can be accountable and to stay on the right track to getting healthier and in turn being more productive while teaching my kids how to be healthy.

The first thing I'm going to do is detox. Which I have already started today and will go all the way through January. I will blog more on that later this week.
To a happier healthier year in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment