Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Roles in life we get lost in

I decided to write on this subject because as a woman we can relate to each other in the different areas of life in some point in our lives. We all have our ups & downs & sometimes the ups & downs hit us all in one day of our lives. As each day passes & I inevitably get a day older it seems as though I have lost myself in the roles that I play in everyday,



a wife, (a pastor's wife @ that, which I do love but that even adds more roles to play)







a mother (a nursing mother @ that of a 3 month old),

.....a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a friend... The list can seem endless yet as a woman we have a tendency to please everyone else & put ourselves on the back burner. So, in the midst of all our roles we play in, it's so easy to loose ourselves. There are so many things I use to love doing yet I seem to have less time to do them or the convients of those activities are not so convient. For instance, I use to love to go hiking but living in West Texas that convient is more so about 4 hours away from us...not that convient. I use to love running (which I still love to do but with much less time to do it). But one thing I'm learning is that you really have to be intentional if you still want to enjoy life & do the things you love doing. Even if that means getting up before the whole family & before the sun even gets up to do those things...it maybe less sleep but it's also taking care of yourself so that you can take care of the ones you love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment